Saturday, July 11, 2009

Boston

Leading a team in Boston for a week

Working a day camp at our sister church then doing some on-the-street servant evangelism aka passing granola bars and water out to pedestrians passing by

Been to Boston before but in a different capacity; one less demanding of my navigation and administration

Excited to see what the Lord will do through a rag-tag group from a big-name church. Oh, goodness, Lord. I pray that the mega-church tones of our origin will not overshadow but further more, dissolve. Instead, I pray for the Holy Spirit to empower us, restore our tired bodies mid-way through the trip, and to consistently pour love THROUGH us as we intend to love on people PERIOD, whether they're rude, kind, loving, thoughtless, etc.

The Lord loves them all and that's why we want to go.

As it says in Isaiah 61, "The Spirit is on me..."

I pray, Lord, that I would LEARN, HELP, GROW, and most of all, understand more of what the Holy Spirit is doing up in this "city of champions."

No comments:

Post a Comment