Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love Collides...Love Wins

*Ephesians 2:16-21*

Crazy, extravagant, furious love
Pushing back the darkness
From my midst

I place Jesus as the centerfold
Of my heart and mind
As I open the pages
Of my thoughts

If I were to squeeze
The contents of my heart out,
What would ooze out?

Little liter of Jesus, followed by
By a gallon full of people
And another gallon full of
Mediums of entertainment and art

I cheat on my King constantly
How gross!
He is a King far worth more than
The wanderlust of the world

His love speaks louder
Than the fame that
Darkness spreads
In our love-hungry world

I see through the eyes
Of fellow wanderers:
The need for something
Bigger than their frivolity

They cry, they flail
They streak through the night
Searching for satisfaction
From anything that breathes instant gratification

The darkest of places
Houses their kind of satisfaction
Only till sunrise
Does it truly have an effect

The hearts are as sick and black
As the night that
Cloaks them in their
Craze

No light seems to exist
Or really appear
In the shadows
_______________________________________
But, wait.......
_______________________________________
I hear cries of VICTORY
Piercing the sounds
Of the hellish silence

Underneath the ground I walk upon,
I hear stomping and cheers
Full of much more than
Volume and reverberation

These people believe their
Love is winning in the constant battle
Between Light and dark
Their God has moved today
They claim

Their proof is found in the
Turning in of heroin needles and razors;
The smiling responses given upon hearing the Love Message;
The forsaken cloaks that fell when
The former owners ran in the way of newfound freedom
Fleeing from the darkness, into the Light

It's found in the LOVE
Of a Holy God
Fighting and pushing back
The darkness
Slowly and progressively

Truth uncovers the lies
Purity cleanses the grunge of heart
Love clashes with darkness
And wins

HALLELUJAH
For a God who
loves beyond the shadows, the needles, the lost minds, the instantly gratified, the cheating, the blasphemy...
Praise Him for loving a collection of His broken children who long ago gave upon Truth and picked up obnoxious agendas and ferocious hatred of the morally inept.

I claim rebellion, if I must.
I seek to serve beyond comfort
Rebuke the agendas
Forsake the titles
And submit my feminist heart

All in the name of a God who loves me beyond the flesh, the brokenness, the scars of zits/burdens/ and pain.

LOVE WINS

No comments:

Post a Comment