Thursday, March 4, 2010

Just A Thought...

I run to my car to grab my iPod
They run for their lives

I buy overly-priced coffee three days a week
They buy shoes to sell for three days' food

I talk about Jesus over lunch
They talk about Jesus in their jail cells

I laugh about inside jokes with friends
They laugh when their handcuffs are removed

I sing because I can
They sing because it's all they can do not to scream

I hold back love when I'm scared or judgmental
They love anyone because it's their only weapon for surviving

I wear scarves to express my personality
They wear scarves to keep from freezing

~I'm not trying to nag or harp on or wave a flame-bearing fist at "THE MAN"

but seriously,

what are we not doing???

what are we not dwelling on for more than moments at a time???

I live by the Bible aka God's love in paper form.

But, can I honestly claim such a thing when I am definitely overlooking James 1:27
"...to visit orphans and widows in their affliction"

How can I not, AT LEAST, say something?

No comments:

Post a Comment