Sunday, June 14, 2009

...

I am in a state of complete speechlessnes. I have a longing to write about what He's doing but I can't find words to describe or display.

It's not a funk or a sign of weakness. I believe I am experiencing the Spirit in a new way.

Explanation...

Just today, after a week of praying about it, I began a study on the Holy Spirit in the Word.
What it did, how it did it, its effect on people, who it effected. I shouldn't even be saying "it" b/c my understanding has been broadened to the "he" factor.

Anyway, I studied the Spirit in the Penteteuch today and was overwhelmed by how consuming the Spirit was. He "hovered over the waters" (Gen 1:2) "The Spirit of God was in him" (Gen 41:38) "...He took of the Spirit that was on him and put the Spirit on the seventy elders. When the Spirit rested on them, they prophesied..." etc. x infinity

In my life, I do not believe I have allowed the Spirit to rest on my weary and restless soul. I run too fast and speak an increased amount of words every day. I have never truly allowed him to hover and rest and fill and empower. The Spirit is SO ALIVE!!!

He prophesied through people. He healed people. He transformed people in their brokenness...

I am amazed at how direct the Spirit is. Where he is, something WILL occur. It may be a silent occurrence or a great uproar but he will be there.

I don't fathom this. I know my Father desires reckless passion and devotion from His children. I love this and fear this, all in the same. But as I continue to read about the Spirit and his direct work in people's lives, I see all too plainly how the Lord has allowed us to not be abandoned.

He may desire us to serve Him radically but we are not doing the work alone. We follow and say "here I am" and the Spirit comes, as surely as the Lord's faithfulness does.

Speechless...kind of:)

No comments:

Post a Comment