Monday, June 8, 2009

I Am Not Invincible says Ruth

Sprained my ankle yesterday playing volleyball with a sista.
24 hours later, my pride is still teeming with neverending thought strings:
"I thought I was invincible" and "I've never been injured till now!" and "Lord, why now?"

Oh my goodness, people. Why is my flesh winning lately?
I can chalk it up to my lack of true, in the Word, Scripture reading as of late.
I can make more excuses as to the fact that "my desert is just running a little longer these days"

But, all in all, I have been struggling with community with my Jesus.
I haven't been sharpening my Sword by memorizing Scripture or getting captivated by the Word. I mentioned it earlier as if it's a checkpoint on a list but freakin latte! It's not! I haven't been praying like a warrior princess in battle either. I've been thanking the Lord for my food and then off I go.

The daily struggle between Ruth and God is evident. I am a stubborn, selfish, all too prideful woman who thinks that help is a word for the sick and the poor.

As I've been staying off my ankle today, the Lord has greatly humbled me and brought me to this understanding: I am not invincible.

You laugh. I laugh. We all laugh. But, I apparently thought this was true because as my dad carried me into the house and as my best friend brought my little donkey named Risen Star to me, I finally gave up my little knife I've called a sword all these years and just let Him have it. Since then, I've depended on the Lord's whispers of encouragement and loved reading Psalms 16-18....I will not be shaken.

There were times today when all I could do was just journal my pain, as if I was in a punk rock band representing the emo stages of life or something. And, in my entries, the Lord brought me to this realization that as I learn about my weakness and realize that pride is no better for me than the callouses on my feet, I am a daughter who needs her Daddy to rescue her from falling in holes and getting lost in pits of pity and anger. I sprained my ankle. So what? I will not be shaken. I can't go to high school camp and work with some amazing girls this week. So what? I will not be shaken.

The Lord has a purpose. Not just for me. Not just for His army of sons and daughters.
He has a purpose PERIOD
Who am I to question?

No comments:

Post a Comment