Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Selah

Peering down the never ending road
Periodically gazing at
The baby blue skies
That surround

Reflecting upon the peace I have about the future
And exuding joy in the midst of battles
Knowing the quiet coming of victory
Is near

Craving fearlessness and
Desiring to recklessly abandon
Ordinary days and
Simple feelings of the supposedly
Necessary "senioritis" mindset

Where I am in life is
Where I would love to stay
This place of peace that
Allows storms to rage and
Scars to form

Yet the Lord is my Refuge
And I am learning about
The Living Truth of such
Words

I cannot comprehend
How such storms exist
Yet peace rains down
As sure as the conflicts do

I rejoice and cry out

SELAH

*selah: to weigh or measure; to let Truth rest and weigh upon your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment