Thursday, May 28, 2009

Scared of Dating...There I Said It

September 15, 2008
I'm scared of that big, big word. So many meanings behind it...attachment, commitment, detachment, potential love, potential break up, marriage, intimacy, short term, long term, guy loves girl, warrior loves warrior princess, guy finds girl, guy steps up and asks girl out, etc. So many thoughts!I don't know what to do with them all. I know I am twenty years old and have never dated. Yes, I will repeat it....I AM TWENTY YEARS OLD AND HAVE NEVER DATED. I'm talking about any kind of dating. I've been asked out three times in my life, yes. I've said "no" to all because I wasn't "ready." Whatever that means. Celebrating my singleness has never been a problem for me. I love it! The Lord has done stuff in me that may not have happened if I had been dating or in a relationship at the times of such "stuff."Please understand this, though...I'm tired of being bitter. Yes, I've been bitter. Oh, how bitter I've been. I have become this witch, who brings every guy under the radar and dissects everything about him. I apologize. I was not created to act or think in such a way. I was created to be a part of a beautiful community with guys and girls. Because I have never dated, I have built up this wall around my heart: guarding it and isolating it. I was NEVER called to isolate my heart. I was called to guard it like the guards do at buckingham palace. (Prov. 4:23) People are allowed to look inside the Palace. They may not stay for long but they're allowed to look. Why can't I understand this? Dating is not a bad thing! It's not an end-all. It's not something that will hinder me, if done in accordance with His will. Oh, how He loves me. I'm amazed. He has proven His love every day to me, just by waking me up and sayin, "hey, kid. I love you." My worth will never be found in a man's eyes: no matter who he is to me. I am deemed beautiful and worth far more than rubies by my King and that's enough. It is not a sin, though, to accept the compliments of another's affection. It is not a sin to desire to hear the words "you're beautiful" come from a guy that is special to you in your life. Here it is, loud and clear...DATING IS AWESOME. Haven't ever experienced it but I know it is because I know some beautiful couples who have shown me what a true and pure dating relationship looks like. Complementary and powerful; Understanding and loving. Its built up from a foundation rooted in His love. I, honestly, don't know what this message is about. It's a declaration, sure. It's a sigh of relief, yes. More than that, though...I want people to know that they're not alone in their worries. I am freaked! I can't let my fear hinder me or provoke me, though, into isolating myself any longer. I want to date! lol This isn't a cry-out note saying, "come and get me, boys!" It is a declaration for all those who need to hear this one truth: THE LORD LOVES YOU ENOUGH TO PUT YOU IN SPECIFIC SEASONS FOR SPECIFIC REASONS. ACCEPT ALL OF THEM: Dive in to that single life, Dive into that new relationship and say "yes" when he asks you out. Be cautious. Guard your heart. Make sure he's His and make sure He's a warrior. After that, let Him take you where He wants you to go Holla

No comments:

Post a Comment